7 new exit-entry policies in Hangzhou
ehangzhou.gov.cn | Updated: 2018-08-30Print Print
A news conference announcing the new wave of preferential exit-entry policies for foreign expats is held in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. [Photo/zjol.com.cn]
Hangzhou in Zhejiang province has rolled out a new wave of preferential exit-entry policies covering foreign expats' visas, long-term stay and permanent residency since previous December in an effort to attract and retain high-caliber foreign professionals, as the eastern Chinese city seeks to emulate better-known metropolises such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.
Long-term workers in China
Foreign students from China or abroad
1. Qualified foreign high-caliber professionals, their spouses and minor children can apply for permanent residence in China with endorsements from local authorities. The approval period is shortened from 180 days to 90.
2. Foreign expats who have been working in Hangzhou for four consecutive years and live in China for no less than six months each year, with the annual income and individual income tax reaching the prescribed standards, can apply for permanent residence in China with endorsements from their companies. Their spouses and minor children can also apply together.
3. Overseas Chinese who work in Hangzhou with a doctoral degree or above, or have been working in Hangzhou for four consecutive years and live in China for no less than six months each year can apply for permanent residence in China.
4. Overseas Chinese who come to Hangzhou to visit relatives, handle business affairs, engage in science, education and health exchange activities or handle personal affairs can be issued a five-year visa with multiple entries. Those who reside in Hangzhou for work, study, family reunion or personal affairs for long periods can be issued a five-year residence permit.
5. International students who obtain diplomas at Chinese universities and hold innovative business plans or certificates for startup companies can apply for two to five-year personal affairs residence permits (marked with entrepreneurship). The residence permits can be switched to the employment category if the students are offered jobs during their stay. Foreign students from overseas universities who are invited to come for internships by registered companies of the Exit-Entry Administration of the provincial-level public security bureau may apply for short-term personal affairs visas (marked with internship). Other visa holders can apply to switch to short-term private affairs visas (marked with internship) after arriving in the city.
6. Foreign workers in Hangzhou who have applied for short-term work residence permits twice and abide by Chinese laws and regulations are eligible to apply for a five-year work residence permits on the third occasion.
7. Foreign technical and senior management personnel selected by the companies concerned are eligible to apply for work visas at Hangzhou port authority after obtaining their work permit certificates. Those who fail to handle the work permit certificates in time may apply for talent visas with the endorsements of the companies.